December 18, 2008

Keegan's Award Ceremony

Every quarter, Keegan's school has Pride Day. There's an assembly which honors students from each grade. Keegan's teacher, Ms. LaMastus chose Keegan for the Perseverance Award. He was 1 of 4 children (they have 4 kindergarten classes) that received it.

Basically, it is for the most improved, so I don't know whether that's a good thing or a bad thing...ha ha ha!! It IS a very good thing, I was a little worried about him! When he first started kindergarten he was treating it as though it was Pre-K, getting up and walking around, not staying on task (he's my social butterfly), playing around when he should be working, etc. The teacher thought that sitting him next to her would help resolve the issue...hello, she is this cute little thing and he loved every minute of her attention. After his 1st quarter evaluation, he had 2 weeks off for Fall Break and we worked on listening better (which he does at school, NOT at home), sitting down and finishing tasks, helping others, etc.

So to my surprise, I get a note in his folder on Wednesday saying that he is being presented an award at school. So, I'm thinking that it's his whole class, not just him. Well I get there and they start presenting awards for Responsibility and Respect, Perservernace, Compassion, I can't remember the others, but there were about 4 more. Needless to say, it was just him from his class that got the award. He was very happy (and proud of his accomplishments) and he couldn't wipe the grin off his face for the whole day.

It was also movie day and the kids wore their pajamas (Keegan was very proud to wear his new Iron Man pj's) to school and they watched Polar Express.

This is Keegan's Kindergarten teacher, Ms. LaMastus. Keegan is handing her a little Christmas gift and she insisted to have a picture taken with him. He has really enjoyed being in her class.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

congrats to Keegan on the award!