As I was getting ready to put the boys in the bath, I get a phone call. The first thing that Brian says is, "You won't guess what just happened." So all of a sudden my heart drops and the first thing I think of is, he got into a car accident. You see, Brian was traveling from the Salt Lake area today and as he was driving home he ran out of gas near the Paragonah exit (about 22 miles away from Cedar). Now it's almost 8 pm and I was just about to put the boys in the bath...so I have to forgo the baths, tell them to hurry and put their pj's on and get in the car. Of course as we are getting ready to go, Kassidy tells me that she is poopie and it turned out to be diahrrea. So, I change the diaper, get everyone in the car, buy a gas can, fill it and hit the road.
So as I'm driving, I notice that I'm getting really close to Brian and then I see it, a GAS STATION....2 MILES AWAY FROM WHERE BRIAN IS STRANDED!!!! So, I get to Brian and as he's putting the gas in the car, I tell him that he's exactly 2 miles away from a gas station. He looks at me, looks down, looks back at me and then said with a straight face, "I know." He thought that he could make it there, but it died 2 miles short. We laughed and then we decided that he should stop and gas up there before we went back to Cedar. He felt bad that I had to come out, I didn't mind and it was a mini adventure for the kids, so it wasn't bad at all.
So on the ride back home, Kaden is crying because he was tired, Keegan caught his second wind (he fell asleep on the way out to Brian) so he's talking up a storm and Kassidy is singing at the top of her lungs, "Hawaiian Rollercoaster Ride" from Lilo and Stitch 2. We get home, brush teeth and they were asleep within 15 minutes...thank goodness for happy endings!!





No comments:
Post a Comment