Yes, my two boys fought yesterday during their t-ball game. They were standing by each other in the outfield and a ball was hit right to them. Of course, they both went for it, both fell on it, both had a hold of it while standing up and both started screaming at each other to let go of it. Then come the karate kicks and more screaming. Of course, Keegan rips the ball out of Kaden's grasp and Kaden starts karate chopping Keegan as he's walking off. The coach finally comes up to them and tells them to break it up and Kaden decides that he's going to walk off the field and not play anymore. So, he starts walking towards me, his arms are folded across his chest, his lower lip sticking out, and his eyes are filled with tears. As he gets within about 5 ft. of me, he bursts into tears and just sobs. Poor little guy. He did end up batting in the next inning, but as he was standing in line, the kid in front of him decided that he was going to swing his bat and hit Kaden right in the ribs...yep, tears and crying and saying that this game was stupid. But he got back up there and had his turn at batting.
Now, you may be thinking to yourself, "What was Julie doing while the kids were fighting?" Fair question. Lets just say that for the first couple of seconds, I was calm and thought I'd let them work it out. Then I started telling them to just throw the ball to first base. When that didn't happen and the kicking and screaming started (and all I could hear were the parents next to me gasping and saying "uh oh") I went into "mommy mode". I started yelling for Keegan to let Kaden have the ball and then that's when Keegan ripped it out of Kaden's hands. That's when Kaden started kung-fu fighting and I turned to the parents next to me and said, "It's okay, they're brothers". It was funny to see the relief wash over their faces. They all responded with a sigh saying, "Oh, okay". They all understood, it was all forgiven since they were brothers . Keegan and Kaden wouldn't have responded like that with any other kid, just to each other.
Now, you may be thinking to yourself, "What was Julie doing while the kids were fighting?" Fair question. Lets just say that for the first couple of seconds, I was calm and thought I'd let them work it out. Then I started telling them to just throw the ball to first base. When that didn't happen and the kicking and screaming started (and all I could hear were the parents next to me gasping and saying "uh oh") I went into "mommy mode". I started yelling for Keegan to let Kaden have the ball and then that's when Keegan ripped it out of Kaden's hands. That's when Kaden started kung-fu fighting and I turned to the parents next to me and said, "It's okay, they're brothers". It was funny to see the relief wash over their faces. They all responded with a sigh saying, "Oh, okay". They all understood, it was all forgiven since they were brothers . Keegan and Kaden wouldn't have responded like that with any other kid, just to each other.
Keegan and Eggs Don't Mix

As I'm typing the Kung-Fu Fighting story, Keegan decided that he was going to take an egg from the fridge (he was getting something out of the fridge for Kassidy) and break it open on Kaden's bed. It's never any of his property, it's always Kaden's stuff that he destroys! He's naughty, naughty, naughty!
No comments:
Post a Comment