July 13, 2009

Museum of Ancient Life

Thanksgiving Point which is located in Lehi, UT (Footloose was filmed in Lehi at the Lehi Rolling Mills!!) has a Dinosaur Museum. Keegan said it was the "bestest" day of his life. It was amazing and Jen and I had as much fun as the kids.


The T-Rex and this is a Sloth! It was HUGE!!







The Great White Shark was cool and very big! Kassidy wasn't too sure about it, she didn't want her picture taken with it. But, if you look in the case below, it shows a Megalodon tooth. The Megalodon is possibly one of the largest sharks ever known to exist, it could grow up to 59 feet and its teeth were HUGE. The tooth to the left of the Megalodon is a Great White Shark tooth, big difference in size.

The kids had fun doing puzzles, digging up fossils, playing with stuffed animals (dinosaurs), touching real dinosaur bones, playing at the Erosion Table, which is a table filled with sand and water with little dinosaurs and trees and crawling through caves.






Here they are digging up fossils.

Of course, Kaden who always seems to get hurt, has sand accidently thrown in his face (he was only in there for about a minute). Thank goodness, the grain of the sand was large and I was easily able to get it out of his eyes.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

WOW..that place looks so neat, I want to go.

Julie said...

It is a great place...I guess there's a big dinosaur museum in the Ogden area.