August 20, 2009

Keegan's First Day of School

School is FINALLY here!! Last night, we wrote his name in his new backpack, lunch pail and all over his crayons, colored pencils, etc.

He insisted on packing his own lunch which consisted of: Gogurt, pudding, juice fruit box and an apple. The apple didn't look so good, so we got rid of that and he kept the pudding, juice box, I got his some chips and I made him a P&B sandwich. I told him that if he lost his lunch pail, that he would be brown bagging his lunch for the rest of the school year...he assured me that he would not lose it.

He got up this morning and was so excited to put on his new school shorts and new shirt. Then I noticed that his nose was a little runny, so I told him to hurry and go blow his nose. Can you guess what happened when he took 5 steps from me?? Yep, he sneezed in his sleeve and then took his face from the sleeve and there was this long, wet, boogie connected from his nose to his sleeve. I grossed out...it was so nasty!! He told me that all we had to do was wipe it off and he could still wear it...let me tell you, there was a ton that came out of his nose and it would have crusted up and been a big yucky spot on his sleeve. So, he had to put on another shirt (not new) and rush out the door for school.

Since I'm still sick, Grandma Dennise picked him up from school...with one less Spiderman hat and one less Spiderman lunch pail. He said that he left his hat in his classroom (which I'm hoping he did) and lost his lunch pail in the lunchroom. He immediatly told me that the PTA was going to look for it and he's sure that he'll have it by tomorrow. Mommy mode blurted out and told him that we have to be responsible and not lose our property, but then I thought back to ALL the times I've left my purse or diaper bags in a cart at WalMart and I've just taken off without ever knowing I left it there (thank goodness people in Cedar are so honest and I've gotten my property back every single time...knock on wood). So, I told him I would email his teacher and make sure that she can keep an eye out for it. Even if a child stole it, their parents probably would find it and see: "KEEGAN WORKMAN" and all of his other information written on the inside of it in big, black letters.

He also came home with an attitude...boy, was he tired and just a Mr. Cranky Pants! Hopefully, he'll start getting used to his schedule.

No comments: