October 16, 2010

Keegan and His Volcano Part 2

Brian and I went to go help Keegan with his school project.  He was so excited to show everyone the volcano he made and the kids thought it was so cool!


Adding the dish soap, food coloring, water and baking soda.

Added the vinegar and the volcano erupted!  Lots of "ooohhhsss and aaaahhhhssss" from the kids.
Showing the lava rocks that Grandma Denise brought back from Mt. Kilauea.  She went in April of 1972 and Keegan was so surprised that the rocks were as almost as old as his dad!  Keegan also explained to the kids that the volcano was "really HOT, like 60 degrees hot!"  Mrs. O. and I just snickered and smiled.  He did a great job and as I went to give him a big hug, he told me, "MOM, not here!"  I looked at a bunch of little girls and I said, "I guess he's too big for a hug" and they all giggled and smiled at me.  I guess I need to realize that my boy is growing up...wow, he'll be 8 in December!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

aww - how cute! and yes, no hugs at school, mom!!! Hahaha - he is getting so big/old now...can't believe it. Glad that everything went well - it looked cool!!