October 16, 2010

Keegan and His Volcano

Last week, Keegan's teacher let them all pick out science projects that they're going to present this coming Monday.  Keegan decided that he wanted to make a volcano, he was so excited.  I, on the other hand, was sitting there thinking, "How are we going to pull this off?"  I remember in the 5th grade that I made a HUGE volcano for a report and it was pretty awesome.  BUT, my dad helped me out (he was so artsy), so I was really nervous on how Keegan's would turn out.  Anyway, I didn't want Keegan to do anything too big and so we decided that we would use a pickle jar and build around it.  The most exciting part of this project, is that Keegan wanted to make the volcano erupt.  So, we found a recipe and did a test run in the sink (minus the food coloring), here's how it turned out:




Will update the blog on Monday...hope the eruption goes off without a hitch!

No comments: